Lotus Notes Traveler version 8.5.3 Released
On October 4, 2011, IBM announces availability of Lotus Notes Traveler version 8.5.3, which includes the following enhancements:
- Enhancement for Apple iOS devices include partial wipe (Lotus Notes Traveler data only) as introduced in V126.96.36.199, forward and reply icon indicators set on the mail server and selective application synchronization.
- Added support for Nokia Symbian^3 smartphones with device encryption enforcement capabilities and rich HTML rendering of email.
- Numerous usability enhancements for Android devices including tap-to-dial from calendar entries, enhanced installation, calendar week view with subject hints, multi-line mail signature and selectable text for copy/paste operations.
- Broadened support for the Android platform to include Android 3.x tablet devices (introduced in 188.8.131.52), in addition to smartphones.
- The new Device Approval security policy allows administrators to specify the number of devices allowed per user, and includes an allow/deny step to further control access to the environment.
- Corporate Lookup function extended to look up Group names and Mail-in databases in addition to individuals.
Contact GreyDuck now at 763-420-2570 or email@example.com to discuss upgrading to Notes & Domino 8.5.3 and Lotus Notes Tratveler 8.5.3